Here is some additional information about my background:
- Graduate of Laurentian University, Honors Bachelor of Human Movement with a Major in Outdoor Adventure Leadership 1997
- Competitive sailor from the age of 12 years e.g. Laser, Europe, I14, 470, Snipe, J24, J80, etc. Offshore racing from age 16 including 2010-2016 Lauderdale-Key West, 2016 Miami-Havana, 2002-2012 Newport-Bermuda and Marblehead-Halifax on 82' maxi yacht NIRVANA
- Member, consultant and Coach at Lauderdale Yacht Club (LYC) over the past 10 years
- At LYC - identified a top-heavy high performance racing program with a small base and worked with the Sailing Director to design, build and coach two new non-competitive programs called "Mercury Mentors" for ages 5-7 and "Lime Fleet" for ages 7-12; also taught adult "Basic Keelboat"
- Training Technical Coordinator at the Canadian Yachting Association 2000-2003
- Facilitator of Corporate Training, University Leadership and Teambuilding programs using sailing as a platform for change.
- Hobbies include: competitive sailing, outdoor adventure sports, search and rescue, music and art
I am excited to join the team at BYC and look forward to meeting you all in the upcoming months. We are now forming the Coaching and Volunteer Support teams and would love to hear from you if you are interested in being involved.
All the best,